Code of Conduct
As a member of the Irish Setter Club of Arizona, Inc., I agree to adhere to the following code of conduct. I understand that willful violation of any section of this code can result in my censure, suspension or expulsion from the Irish Setter Club of Arizona, Inc. per article 6, section 1 though 4 of the constitution and by-laws.
- To use or give service only to registered stock that is:
- Physically and temperamentally sound.
- Free from abnormalities considered to be genetic and certified free of hip dysplasia by orthopedic foundation for animals (OFA) or a qualified veterinarian using OFA methods.
- To maintain accurate health, breeding, registration and pedigree records, and to pass on the record to buyers of puppies and/or adults dogs within a reasonable period of time.
- To withhold registration papers on any dog that has readily detectable defects or a nature that will make it detrimental to the breed, and in such cases, obtain written agreements from the buyer as required by the AKC, or obtain written agreement from the buyer that this animal will not be used for breeding.
- Not to sell stock without true representation to the purchaser or to use misleading or untruthful statements in selling or advertising.
- No sale of animal to any commercial enterprise, the purpose of which is resale.
- To use a sale contract or written agreement to cover any sale, purchase or service involving an Irish Setter.
- As a breeder agree to:
- Ascertain the ability and willingness of prospective buyers to maintain and care for the dogs properly.
- Replace or refund for any stock that is sold upon receipt of acceptable evidence from a qualified veterinarian that it is not genetically sound and in good health in accordance with terms and conditions of contract.